Where reading is a way of life

Saturday, December 14, 2013

Reading Cram Day 6--Seasonal Challenge!



Today is Day 6 in the read-a-thon!   Here is my progress so far!

Day 1
Shift by Hugh Howey--Finished  243 pages
One Tiny Lie by K.A. Tucker-- Finished 366 pages
A Spark Unseen by Sharon Cameron-- 105 pages

Day 2
A Spark Unseen  by Sharon Cameron--Finished 247 pages
The Iron Traitor by Julie Kagawa--Finished 342 pages

Day 3
Tent City by Kelly Van Hull--70 pages
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve (reread)--67 pages

Day 4
Tent City by Kelly Van Hull--94 pages
Ink is Thicker Than Water by Amy Spaulding--60 pages
The Pilot's Wife by Anita Shreve (reread)--60 pages
The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan (reread)--61 pages

Day 5
Tent City by Kelly Van Hull--Finished 114 pages
Altered by Jennifer Rush--213 pages

I'm slowly but surely getting there!  I will have to kick some butt over the weekend to catch up!

Seasonal Challenge
Recommend a book for snow day

This is a great action packed adventure story that takes place in the mountains of Colorado.  

Recommend a book for a rainy day

This one is a little darker, and it will totally capture your attention and make you forget about the weather!

Recommend a book for a beach day

This one is a light, fun summer read!  And my favorite Sarah Dessen so far!

Recommend a book for a spooky night

This is one of the creepiest books I've ever read.  Its also extremely entertaining!  Make sure you read with the lights all on!

Make sure you head over to Book Briefs to be entered in the giveaway!!

10 comments:

  1. Great recs! I still have Darkest Mind on my TBR, but at some point I'll get to it! I actually bought a copy of Along for the Ride... I just need to read it at some point too haha.
    And yes!! The Diviners is sooo fantastic!

    Cyn @ Bookmunchies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The Darkest Minds and Never Fade are amazing! You need to read them soon!

      Delete
  2. Woah you are blasting through your readathon Jen! I wish I had time to read that much. I have a copy of The Diviners that just came in it looks wonderful.

    Jeann @ Happy Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't had as much time to read as I'd hoped, but I will make time! LOL

      Delete
  3. Great picks! I just got the paperback copy of The Diviners :) I can't wait to read it and Darkest Minds is also on my TBR ^_^

    Diamond @ Dee's Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved The Diviners to much! Very creepy murder mystery, with lots of paranormal elements, and one of the sassiest and funniest MC characters ever! Also, the setting was wonderful--NYC in the twenties!

      Delete
  4. Ooh I love your recs! I'm adding Along for the Ride to my TBR . Here's my Seasonal Challenge Recs

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really wanted to like The Diviners but it wasn't my type of book. The author I really need to try is Sarah Dessen.

    My Seasonal Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just about everyone seems to like Sarah Dessen, and her books are deeper than I thought they would be!

      Delete

I love reading your comments, and will try to respond as much as possible!